
Since we took the boys hiking in North Dakota, they have been asking to do it more and more. Earlier in the summer I took them down to the Garden of the Gods and we spent the day hiking around there. Today Rob and I took them up to Rocky Mountain National Park and they had a blast. We ate a picnic lunch next to this little stream.

We hiked this trail and ran into a large herd of elk. I have never been this close to a herd before and there were about 30 of them grazing in this clearing. They also were talking to each other, small chirps that at first we thought were birds. The sound was nothing like the bugling we hear in the fall from the male elk. I think this was just mom talking to the younger elk. It was really cool to see and hear the elk talking to each other.


And of course the boys wanted to see how cold the water was in this river. And they wanted to see if they could see any fish. Since ND there is nothing more these two want to do then fish in every body of water we see. Next for them-learn to fly fish!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment